Iceland: Exploring the South
a Landscape Photography Workshop with Francesco Gola and Alessio Andreani
25th March - 1st April 2017
Join photographers Francesco Gola and Alessio Andreani to explore one of the most fascinating countries in the world: Iceland
Do you love warm days of spring, the Caribbean Sea and the long sleeping on the beach under the sun? This trip is simply not for you.
This workshop will allow you to discover the scenic wonders of the South: the majestic waterfalls, the infinite black beaches, the everlasting glaciers. We'll wake up early in the morning and go to bed late at night, and if during the night the conditions will be favourable we will wake up to capture one of the most evocative phenomena of nature: the Northern Lights. Later in the day, many technical discussions and the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful Icelandic hospitality.
This adventure is designed not only to guide you to the most photogenic locations, but to aid you in mentally visualizing a scene before capturing the decisive moment. Our aim is to raise your awareness and spark your creativity so that you not only go home with images to be proud of, but use your new found skills to improve and expand your photographic technique in general.
Therefore, a week of pure photography and adrenaline in the company of photographers like you!
Adventure calls. Are you ready to respond?
March 25th: the arrival day! Our great way to start is with a supper with friends in Reykjavik, where we’ll spend the night.
March 26 to 31: let the adventure begin! We will dive into the South, going to visit the best spots of the waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss, the black beaches of Vik, the amazing lagoon of Jökulsárlón, the charming bay at the foot of Vestrahorn
April 1st: All good things come to an end. Day dedicated to the return to Reykjavik
What we’ll talk about:
- Advanced photographic planning
- Theory and techniques for Landscape Photography
- Composition of Seascape Photographs
- Advanced Long Exposure techniques
- Post-production (Lightroom, Photoshop, plug-ins, etc)
- The workshop will take place from March 25 to April 1st, 2017. (March 25 will be the day dedicated to arrivals, departures on April 1st. Locations will be visited from March 26 to 31)
- The priceincludes: 2 available 24-hour tutor for the duration of the workshop, all transportation to various locations with a 4x4 vehicle, all nights in Hotel and Guesthouse in shared twin room (no dorms!).
- The price does not include: air travel to get to Reykjavik, meals and beverages, health and travel insurance, anything not specifically mentioned in "The price...include"
- When registering you need to pay a deposit, the remaining fee must be paid within 30 days from the date of the course
- The minimum number of participants for the confirmation of the trip is 4, the maximum number of participants is 8. Small groups, big fun!
- In case of failure to reach the minimum number of participants, the share of the deposit will be returned in full
- We are proud partner of NiSi Filters, Rollei, PhotoPills and Terrascape..during the Workshop you can test on filed their products!
Things to consider:
- It's a suitable workshop made for Landscape photography lovers
- It's a journey into the wild Iceland, not a vacation at a 5 star resort with all the amenities: requires a little' spirit of adaptation
- There are no demanding walking routes
- The weather will be unpredictable and will change quickly: do not underestimate your clothing. We will be happy to suggest packing your suitcase at best!
- No restaurants will be available all time or we can’t manage to go there: it’s highly likely to go shopping and cooking together as a team!
- No leaving is mandatory: if you'd prefer an evening to spend the night instead of taking sunrise or the northern lights, no problem! We love you anyway :)